Friday, September 9, 2016

Spring 2017 Ready-To-Wear is showing!

WWYF 180x150

Hello!

I do my best to keep up with the collections as they come out. Sometimes I'm on top of it, sometimes I'm not. Often times, the collections seem half over before they pick up steam! Well...

I've already clocked in viewing 30+ collections! [One year I'm going to go to New York City, and have a front row seat!] I'm seeing what I term Active Wear; more than anything. You know, stuff that you can wear out and about, as after work gear, as athletic or as weekend wear. It would seem that designers are making a concerted effort to "keep it real," these days. I'm all for that, but I want to experience a sense of style, no matter what I'm doing or what I'm wearing. Know what I mean? Dressing well and seemingly appropriate is a bit of an art... 

The Spring 2017 Ready-To-Wear; herein referred to as RTW, collection that has caught my attention the most is ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo. The fabrics seem to have a certain liquidity. The colors are mostly neutral, enabling easy mixing-and-matching. The cuts are body conscious enough. I would love to have several pieces. I'm a definite layerer. Is that a word? Probably not; but, I want to be able to put piece upon piece spring, summer, winter or fall. Oh, the thrill of creating something not worn before just one more time without having to go to a store. It can be done! Can I get a witness?

I am waiting with anticipation to see what else is new for the spring season. Surprise me someone, surprise me!  

Tom Ford did the thinkable! He showed the Fall 2016 RTW collection closer to fall, and has it available for immediate purchase! What do you know about that? Great fashion! Great timing!

Pull out your utilitarian green! It's here, there and everywhere! This season is probably a good one to get it in jewelry, scarves, bags and shoes. In other words, accessories...

My 'just graduated college' niece collects barbies. One of these days they could be valuable. I hope so. They are iconic...

Until the leaves begin doing their thing, the National Folk Festival in Greensboro looks interesting. This will makes its second year. Wanna go?

As of today, there are 14 more days left until:  the first day of fall, Thursday, September 22, 2016!

Got style?

Happy Friday ; Happy End of Summer!

Shalom!

Angela
#1Stylist

NOTE:  I Adorned You [digital magazine] is coming your way, ASAP! Until then, view our portfolio at alvandcompany.polyvore.com!

ALV & Co., "The Gold Standard!"
Angela L Vann, Ms   |   Even Greater Things   |   Far Above Rubies     

*Like this? Gifts are accepted at Dwolla!


No comments:

Post a Comment