Friday, March 16, 2018

Condition first, shampoo second.

Hello!

'Me' discovered the little secret years ago!

I walk. Sometimes a lot. I clock in at 18 miles a week, on average.  Sometimes I do as much as 24 miles a week...

[And no I do not look like Wonder Woman! Yet. I could if I'd only stay out of  'the sweets.' And give up PB&J? Hey, no way.]

I have to condition my natural hair; AKA, kinky coils...

[I stopped putting relaxers in my hair 10 years, 3 months and 16 days ago!!!]

All of the sweating from the walking dries my hair out, as you can imagine. It can get brittle and break off, if I'm not mindful. I learned to do three things as a result ---

1)  Wash hair with Arm & Hammer Pure Baking Soda, whenever I feel the need to. You can bet your bottom dollar it is NOT every day ; I  don't think so! The baking soda softens; detangling the hair, making it that much easier to comb...

2)  Spritz hair with a mixture of:  a)  apple cider vinegar + H2O, and/or 2) a tea bag + H2O as need be. Alternating between washing, spritzing or conditioning works for me! Keep reading...

3)  Condition with  'a good conditioner,' such as the ones found at Novex Hair Care. They are the best, let me tell you!

I have had the privilege of trying the Mystic Black Collection. I combined all three of the conditioners:  the leave in, the hair mask and the conditioner!!! My hair felt incredible! I would highly recommend you doing it too. If you do, you will only have to use a small amount. I call it "the 3-in-1 treatment!" It works well on wet or dry hair. Feel free to tell the folks over at Novex that I told you so. The only thing left for me to try now is the baobab oil. It is sold out...

When I was relaxing my hair, I discovered that putting a heavy mineral oil on hair that needed to be washed, covering it with a plastic cap and leaving it on as long as overnight before shampooing it out left my hair smooth. That translated to less of a need for oils. It would probably work as well with my current hair. I just don't do it...

So, yes. It is true. Swap that shampoo/condition process to condition/shampoo, and you'll be glad that you did...

Denim jackets are great to wear any time of the year! So many weights, so many styles to choose from. I'm in the market for a denim pants suit to mix-and-match with other things; preferably, something dressy. I'm looking...

If I can get it together soon enough, I'll run a FAV Top 10 Spring 2018 list before Easter. If I can get it together. I've done it before. We'll see...

Give; and let give, to the Rita S. Wilson Memorial Scholarship! Thaaaaank you!

As of today, there are 16 more days left until:  Easter, Sunday, April 1, 2018!

Happy Easter!

Shalom!

Angela
#MadetoMatch2017
#HereComesTheBride2018
#NoSlackPants2018
#EasterFlorals2018
#Stripes2018

NOTE:  I Adorned You [digital magazine] is coming your way, whenever! Until then, view our portfolio at alvandcompany.polyvore! Thaaaaank you!

ALV & Co., "The Gold Standard!"
Angela L Vann, Ms   |   Even Greater Things   |   Far Above Rubies 

*Like this? Gifts are accepted at Google Wallet! Thaaaaank you!


Privacy Regarded




No comments:

Post a Comment