Friday, December 2, 2016

The Holiday 2016 season is here! "What are you going to wear to the festivities?"


                                                  Christmas at Dollar Tree!


Hello!

You are going to go to more than one holiday affair, right? I'm thinking of Christmas here, in particular. [More on New Year's Eve, later.] Most folk do! Be prepared to appear in more than one place. I say that, jovially...

Two questions beg to be answered ---

1)  Where will the party be? Will it be at the workplace, or away from the workplace? Away from the workplace affairs are, a lot of the times but not always, more formal. At the workplace affairs are; a lot of the times but not always, less formal. I wouldn't get overly hung up on it one way or the other. You know your folk best! Your instincts will kick in, as you set about preparations...

2)  What are you most comfortable in? A dress? A blouse, and a skirt? A blouse, and pants? A sweater with a skirt, or pants? Given the time of year that it is, you will want outerwear on hand...

I; personally, opt for pants during the week. Come the weekend, especially Sunday, I want to step it up a notch or two!

As a woman, I know that I have looked forward to the office Christmas party. It's a time to show the even better self, and shine in a different sort of way. I always pull out a dress. Any excuse to wear a pair of heels! For many ladies, it is all about a little black dress, AKA, LBD! Truthfully it can be about any color of a little dress! Change your hair, makeup, earrings/necklace/bracelet/watch/ring, or handbag/shoes, and be on your merry little way! Any number of designer houses would be proud of us!

Longer earrings than usual are a given, whatever you wear. It ups the ante, in an instant! Chokers are a part of the jewelry scene this year, but not in a big way in my neck of the woods. I have yet to see one! Oh, well! What can I say; other than, it ain't a pearl necklace! If you are more of a necklace or a ring or bangle/watch girl; by all means, go for it. Strike a balance, whatever you do. No point in looking like you do not know your head from your feet!

I've seen quite a bit of fur this season; mostly faux, in stores and online. I find the faux fur scarves and handbags to be quite fetching. I cut a vintage fur coat down into a vest, a few months back. I need to finish the edges, and wear that baby! Soon, very soon...

Velvet is such a winner this fall and winter, be it a jacket, blouse, skirt or dress! What luxury!

I am quickly running out of time, here. I think I've said about all that I wanted to say. In a nutshell, just enough to get you to thinking about feeling good, looking good and being good, at least until next week! I really must start writing this blog earlier, but I hate to be too quick on the draw. Some of the most interesting news can come out before Friday, 5:00 P.M., EST!

The White House decorations are pretty nice, aren't they? The replicas of Sunny and Bo are adorable!

Do you read cookbooks? I do, some of the time! Check out The Best Books About Food of 2016, according to Smithsonian.com...

Give; and let give, to the Rita S. Wilson Memorial Scholarship! Oh, wonderful you!

As of today, there are 20 more days left until:  Christmas, Sunday, December 25, 2016!

Happy Friday!

Merry Christmas!

Shalom!

Angela
#IStyleYu

NOTE:  I Adorned You [digital magazine] is coming your way, ASAP! Until then, view our portfolio at alvandcompany.polyvore!

ALV & Co., "The Gold Standard!"
Angela L Vann, Ms   |   Even Greater Things   |   Far Above Rubies   |   O My Dove

*Like this?  Gifts are accepted at Google Wallet! Thaaaaank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment